Wednesday, 20 May 2026

Video Shows Car Exploding Near Iconic Charging Bull Statue In New York

A dramatic vehicle fire near New York City's iconic Charging Bull statue sent pedestrians and tourists running for safety after the car suddenly exploded into a massive fireball during Tuesday evening rush hour. According to the New York Post, the incident occurred near Broadway and Stone Street in Manhattan's Financial District, just outside the headquarters of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority and only a short distance from the popular Wall Street landmark.

Videos circulating on social media showed the vehicle, believed to be affiliated with the MTA, engulfed in flames as thick smoke billowed into the air. Onlookers initially watched from behind police barricades before the fire suddenly intensified, triggering a powerful explosion that sent flames shooting outward.

Terrifying footage captured pedestrians screaming and sprinting away moments after the blast erupted near the crowded tourist area.

Here's the footage:

Emergency crews responded to reports of a vehicle fire around 5:42 p.m. local time, according to the New York City Fire Department. Firefighters arrived at the scene and later closed off nearby streets as emergency personnel worked to contain the blaze.

The explosion sent thick smoke rising above buildings surrounding Wall Street, one of the busiest commercial districts in New York City. Authorities said it took firefighters nearly 90 minutes to fully bring the fire under control.

Despite the heavy foot traffic in the area at the time, officials said no injuries were reported. The cause of the fire remains under investigation, and authorities have not indicated any evidence of criminal activity or foul play so far.

Located near Bowling Green in Lower Manhattan, the Charging Bull is one of New York City's most recognisable tourist attractions and a global symbol of Wall Street and the US financial markets. 



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/i7TzMUv
via

Tom Selleck Returns To Crime TV With New History Channel Docuseries

Tom Selleck is returning to a crime show after a break from acting following the end of Blue Bloods. The actor, known for playing New York City Police Commissioner Frank Reagan in the long running drama from 2010 to 2024, has not appeared on screen since the series wrapped up. Now, he is stepping into a new role that keeps him close to the crime genre but in a different format.

Selleck will host, narrate and serve as executive producer of a new History Channel docuseries titled Crime and Justice. The show will feature 10 episodes and will focus on real life criminal cases from American history. After Blue Bloods ended, CBS carried the story forward with a spinoff titled Boston Blue, starring Donnie Wahlberg.

Through each episode, the series will be “tracing the enduring battle between law and lawlessness and the lawmen who ultimately brought some of the nation's most dangerous criminals to justice”.

Speaking about Crime and Justice, Tom Selleck said, “Throughout my career, I've been drawn to stories about consequences and the pursuit of justice. This series looks at real cases from across American history and the people tasked with seeing them through—moments when the pressure was intense, the outcome uncertain, and the decisions carried lasting consequences.”

After Blue Bloods ended, CBS carried the story forward with a spinoff titled Boston Blue, starring Donnie Wahlberg. Even with the new series continuing the world of the original show, fans of the original show still missed seeing Tom Selleck in his role as a crime solving detective.

Along with Crime and Justice with Tom Selleck, the History Channel has also revealed four other new shows to attract viewers. The lineup includes History's Strange Fortunes, hosted by Kevin Bacon, along with Extraordinary Origins with Ted Danson, Dolph Lundgren will lead History's Greatest Machines and 102 Minutes Inside the Towers, which revisits the events of September 11.



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/TKpRfCV
via

Tuesday, 19 May 2026

Sooryavanshi Shatters Sensational IPL Record, Scripts History With Fiery 50

Vaibhav Sooryavanshi continued to shatter records as the Rajasthan Royals batter added another major accolade to his name during the IPL 2026 encounter against Lucknow Super Giants on Tuesday. Sooryavanshi became the youngest batter to score 500 runs in an IPL season during his fiery knock at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur. The record previously belonged to Rishabh Pant who achieved the massive feat while playing for Delhi Daredevils (now Delhi Capitals) back in 2018. Sooryavanshi went on to slam a half-century off just 23 deliveries with the help of 6 fours and 4 sixes.

It has been a brilliant season for the 15-year-old sensation till now and his performances for the franchise has even led to a section of fans as well as experts asking for his inclusion in the senior team.

He was recently included in the India A squad for the upcoming tri-series in Sri Lanka and a number of ex-cricketers have urged the BCCI to hand him an India debut in the near future. 

Rajasthan Royals went on to clinch the match by 7 wickets.

"I was just thinking because I was sitting outside during the bowling innings and the wicket looked good. I was thinking that today I shouldn't rush too much at the start, I should take some time and if I bat for a longer period, it's going to help the batter at the other end as well. (on starting slowly but still reaching fifty quickly) That was the mindset."

"I know I can hit two or three boundaries or sixes anytime, so I can take a little more time and not rush too much and try to take the game till the end. (on dealing with all the attention and praise at a young age) Nothing much. I don't really see too much, I don't read newspapers and all, so I don't think too much about it. I just think that this is only the start. If my career becomes long and I play for a long time, people will say many more things. My focus should just remain on the game and I should complete my journey," Sooryavanshi said after the match.

(With PTI inputs)



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/5zJ76TZ
via

Monday, 18 May 2026

GOAT Director Venkat Prabhu Gifts Vijay The Iconic 'TN07 CM 2026' Number Plate

Director Venkat Prabhu has sent fans into a frenzy after gifting Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Vijay the iconic TN07 CM 2026 number plate from The Greatest of All Time (GOAT).

The special number plate was seen on the car driven by Vijay's character in the 2024 blockbuster, but what once looked like an interesting cinematic detail is now being revisited as a possible prediction of his political journey.

Venkat Prabhu recently met Vijay and presented him with the memorable prop, sharing pictures from the meeting on X. Alongside the photos, he wrote, "A history is made. From a thought to a vision to this moment. Happy to have met our honourable CM @TVKVijayHQ na today and present the very first manifestation of #GOAT. This is only the beginning. TN07CM2026."

For many, the number plate has become more than just a movie prop. In GOAT, Vijay's character is seen driving a vehicle carrying the registration TN07 CM 2026 - a detail that caught fans' eyes during the film's release. But following Vijay's recent political rise, the scene has taken on a whole new meaning.

Many on social media now believe the number plate was an uncanny nod to the 2026 Tamil Nadu Assembly elections, with some joking that Venkat Prabhu may have predicted the future.

About GOAT

Apart from Vijay, GOAT also features Prabhu Deva, Meenakshi Chaudhary, Prashanth, Ajmal Ameer, and Jayaram. The music of the film is by Yuvan Shankar Raja. Vijay plays a double role in the movie. 

ALSO READ: Rajinikanth Says He Is 'Not Jealous' Of Vijay': "I Would Have Won Elections If I Contested In 2021'



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/5qePulO
via

Sunday, 17 May 2026

On Arijit Singh's Retirement, Adnan Sami Says, 'Not An Impulse Decision'

Singer-composer Adnan Sami has weighed in on Arijit Singh stepping away from playback singing, saying his decision should be "respected" and not speculated upon.

Earlier this year, Arijit Singh shocked both the film and music industries, along with his fans, when he announced his retirement from playback singing in a social media post.

"He's made a conscious decision to retire from playback singing. Whatever his decision is, one should allow him the space and respect that decision. He hasn't arrived at that decision on impulse; it must be a very well-thought-out one," Adnan Sami told PTI in an interview.

Speaking on the sidelines of the launch of his new single, Lipstick Laga Ke Nazar Utar Le, under Zee Music Company, Adnan Sami added that Arijit Singh is under no obligation to explain the reasons behind his decision publicly.

"It must be for a very good reason, which he knows. It is not necessary for him to disclose that, or perhaps in due course, the world will find out why. It's his life, and when he feels ready to share the reason, he will do so - if he feels like it. But that space should be given to him," he explained.

Adnan Sami's remarks come at a time when Arijit Singh's decision to step away from playback singing at the height of his career has triggered widespread discussion about mental health, emotional exhaustion, and the pressures associated with the music industry.

The 54-year-old singer-composer described it as "unfair" to generalise or speculate about the reasons behind Arijit Singh's decision.

"Taking a break from work is subjective, and you can't generalise it for one particular reason. Everybody can have different reasons behind it," he said.

Addressing questions around industry pressures, Adnan Sami said that while different music labels and companies operate within their own frameworks, artistes are ultimately free to choose what works best for them.

"They are simply hoping that the people who collaborate with them will follow that particular policy. It may suit some people, but not others, and some companies are very rigid about the direction they want their releases to take, subject-wise."

"Some are very open to giving more freedom, while others are not. If you don't feel like following it, nobody is putting a gun to your head. The problem arises when an artist feels that he or she will be in trouble if they don't follow it. So, you're putting that pressure on yourself," Adnan Sami added.

ALSO READ: What Arijit Singh Told Composer Pritam A Day Before Announcing Retirement



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/hs6MVxj
via

Punjab Kings Out Of IPL Playoffs Race? Scenarios Explained After Loss vs RCB

Punjab Kings suffered a massive blow to their IPL 2026 Playoffs dreams as the Shreyas Iyer-led side slumped to their sixth consecutive loss on Sunday. Venkatesh Iyer and Virat Kohli slammed half-centuries while Rasikh Salam Dar took three wickets as Royal Challengers Bengaluru registered a 23-run victory in Dharamsala. The loss means that PBKS are currently fourth with 13 points from 13 matches. When it comes to the Playoffs race, PBKS will have to defeat Lucknow Super Giants in their last group stage match. However, it will not be enough as their qualification will depend on other results and Net Run Rate (NRR).

If PBKS win their match, they will need other teams to drop points. If Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals and Kolkata Knight Riders win just one out of their remaining matches, they will be below the 15-point mark. While CSK and KKR have two matches left in the group stages, RR have 3 left including the match against Delhi Capitals on Sunday.

If Sunrisers Hyderabad lose both of their remaining matches, they will be stuck at 14 points and a win for Punjab Kings in their  last game can book their Playoffs spot considering only one other team reaches 16 points.

If KKR win both of their matches and PBKS win their remaining game, both teams will have 15 points. In that case, NRR may end up deciding which team finishes in the Top 4.

"Obviously, they got off to a great start and then started taking on the bowlers right after the powerplay. I think getting to 222 was a commendable performance and we weren't able to take wickets in the bowling that much, but yeah, I think the match was lost in the powerplay. (on the difficult chase after losing early wickets) Absolutely. We were three down and the majority of our run scorers were Prabhsimran and Priyansh. The starts they used to give us in the powerplay, obviously we couldn't get this time and also me coming in and getting out early. Really disappointed, but commendable performance by Shashank and Stoinis and also a few others in the middle. I think we were up there with almost 10 an over, but yeah, fell short."

"Tremendous bowling by Bhuvi and Hazlewood. (on staying positive ahead of the next game against Lucknow) No, definitely. I'm always positive irrespective of the results. It doesn't dictate how my personality is and I always approach with a strong attitude. I'm not someone who dwells too much in the past. This is over, this is gone. Tomorrow again I'm going to see the sunrise and there's always light at the end of the tunnel," Punjab Kings skipper Shreyas Iyer said.



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/J2eBV85
via

Saturday, 16 May 2026

Gill Livid After GT's Loss vs KKR, Throws Team Under Bus: "Didn't Deserve Win"

Gujarat Titans (GT) captain Shubman Gill did not hide his frustration as his side fell to a 29-run defeat against Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) in their IPL 2026 encounter in Kolkata on Saturday. GT dropped four catches during their bowling innings, which costed them dearly. KKR opener Finn Allen was dropped twice, and he went on to make 93 runs off 35 balls, while Angkrish Raghuvanshi was dropped once, and made GT pay with a knock of 82 off 44. Gill stated that GT "didn't deserve to win" due to their fielding mistakes.

"No concerns but our fielding could've been a lot better. We set a certain standard and dropping 3 sitters - we didn't deserve to win this one," Gill said, speaking after the match.

“Looking at the wicket, 200‑210 was par score, but we dropped too many catches. Pitch was good, the odd one was stopping, but I felt we batted well to get to the score we did," he added.

KKR are now at sixth spot and behind the Punjab Kings, who are at fourth place. GT, who had thrived in bowler‑friendly conditions during their winning run, were undone by Eden Gardens' batting surface and a poor fielding display, with Allen's explosive 93 proving to be the difference.

KKR captain Ajinkya Rahane lauded his batters for their intent, as they posted a massive 247/2. “Very good game, really happy with two points. Amazing to see Allen, Angkrish, and Green's knocks. Credit goes to these batters. Preparation has always been fantastic. Talk was all about taking one game at a time. Intent was amazing. Don't forget they're a quality bowling attack. It was amazing to see batters going out there and dominating.”

Speaking of bowlers, Rahane lauded Saurabh Dubey and Sunil Narine. “It's all about trusting their ability. All these guys have been doing well in the domestic season. Saurabh Dubey played well in the Vidarbha league. When he came here, all the coaches thought he had the talent.

“Credit to these guys who have been doing well, working hard, it's all about belief and confidence. Makes my job easy when you know Sunil Narine is in the team. Varun was struggling, but credit to him as well. The courage to play with a sore foot,” he said.

With IANS inputs



from NDTV News- Special https://ift.tt/FrBPv29
via

Video Shows Car Exploding Near Iconic Charging Bull Statue In New York

A dramatic vehicle fire near New York City's iconic Charging Bull statue sent pedestrians and tourists running for safety after the car ...